Riparian Conservation and Restoration Workshop
Join us on Saturday June 22nd at the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute from 8:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. for lectures on watershed management, on-the-ground conservation programs, and benefits of riparian restorations to our local wildlife followed by a panel discussion and farm tour in the afternoon. Registration is limited.
- Dr. Dave B. Arscott, Assistant Director and Research Scientist at the Stroud Water Research Center
- Bobby Whitescarver of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation and former NRCS District Conservationist for Verona, VA
- Robert Mulvihill, Ornithologist for the National Aviary
Tour: Mount Vernon Farm, Sperryville VA
- Grand Winner of the Clean Water Farm Award for 2012 for Rappahannock River Basin
- Tour includes a visit to a restored trout habitat on the Thornton River, a CREP area that divides livestock pastures in addition to a community rain garden
Sue Ellen Johnson (Piedmont Environmental Council), Timothy Skinner (Sky Meadows State Park), Tom Turner (John Marshall Soil and Water Conservation), Don Loock (Piedmont Environmental Council), Bobby Whitescarver (Chesapeake Bay Foundation), Michael Godfrey (Wheatlands Farm), Katherine McLeod (Oak Grove Meadows Farm)
Moderator: Tom Akre – SCBI
Fee: $25.00 (lunch included)
Please visit pecva.org/events to register. This workshop is sponsored by the Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute and the Piedmont Environmental Council.
Click on image to download flier: